Monday, March 12, 2012

April 23rd, 2010 started out as a normal Friday, YAY, Friday!!!!!  Looking ahead to a fun night with my girls Lisa & Kerri Lee to blow off steam/get drunk & vent about anything & everything that came to mind.  Never thinking this would be the last night for this sort of activity for me?  I don't remember complaining or having a headache that day . After work I remember going to Funks to purchase my tomatoes to plant for the season and picking up my Tristin from his career day.  At home I planted my mini garden(at the time) and prepared myself for a full night of drinking, smoking...oh yeah good time!  As the night progressed & I got stupider, and stupider with every Miller Lite I threw back.  Probably on my 7th or 8th beer..."Matty Downer" came pounding at the door, because apparently I was in a middle of a fight with "What's his Face" and he runs home to tell on me?  Now, I'm DRUNK!  We go home, and now this is where I remember nothing...... supposedly were having a full fledged conversation back & forth, with me sitting indian style on the living room couch, Matt gets up to go to he kitchen still talking to me.....with me not answering or acknowledging him, he gets louder( loud enough to make Ian run down to see why his Dad is screaming at me to answer him).  I'm OUT..... slopped over like I'm passed out or something?   Right away "My Love" realizes something as very, very wrong and calls 911.  Now, remember this is all going down in front of my boys....like a car wreck that you realize it's way too late to cover your eyes.  Lisa, Kerri Lee came running over and my Ian ran down the street to get our neighbor/friend Nancy she's a nurse. By now my house is filled  with concerned family, friends, neighbors, police, and EMT's.   They rush me off to the Hospital, later I was told I died on the way, and they brought me back in the ER(thank you!).  After examining me the Doctors realized I had a ruptured aneurysm, and I needed brain surgery ASAP. They scheduled the surgery for Monday AM.  Now, I don't remember much from these days except for watching "Mystic Pizza", kinda? and waking up with visions/dreams what have you???  of my Grandma telling me to "WAKE UP!!"  She was with me by my side the whole entire time.  I ran into one of my night nurses a few month's later and she told me.....one night she walked into my room, checking on me and she asked...."Heidi, who's this with you???"  I sat up, patted the mattress beside me and said..."this is my GRANDMA".  The nurse of course did not see her, she was talking about my Husband, or Sister whom atleast one of them was with me every single night just in case I woke up & forgot where I was(short term memory).
The picture shown is sometime after the surgery, where basically I had to learn everything all over again kinda? I maybe little...but, I'm a strong, thick headed little BITCH! I was released from the Hospital on Saturday, March 1st,  2010 and have been on the road to a......Better way of Life ever since.
I have much, much more to say.....I have made myself just a little verklempt right now, please talk amongst yourselves.
Thanks, Heidi

3 comments:

  1. wow. I knew you had an anyersm dammit I can seriously never spell the word right...but I commend you for putting details about it here. Good for you. It's touching to read Heidi:)

    also, you are one lucky chica you know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! Dude it took me almost 2 years to even talk about it. Kinda sensitive story still for the Family. Thanks again <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi, that story is amazing because it's so short. I wish I could add in all the conversations we had in the years between about what it all meant and why it was meant to happen. Your survival of the actual event almost seems overshadowed now the the immense positive effect that it has had on your entire life, and how it fit in before middle and after. Plus for the future! You are one tough girl. You are one amazing person. You are a great friend of mine and I LOVE having the pleasure of knowing you all these years. I thank God for giving you back to us for more Heidi. P.s. Thank you for helping me quit smoking. :) I love you girl!!!!!!!!!!!! Heidi ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete